Home - News & Events - Events
Spring is Coming Class
Jakarta, 23 Feb 2018
Let’s welcome spring with fun and exciting activities! Join Kidea “Spring is coming class” and explore these following activities:
- PRACTICAL LIFE AREA
- Flower arranging – a practical life material wherein the children can practice their skills in pouring, cutting and arranging. This also develops their aesthetic sense.
- Transferring “bee” pompoms to a paper hive – This develops one to one correspondence as well us develop tripod grip.
- Transferring eggs – This activity facilitates left to right orientation. It also improves independence as the children understand its practical application.
- Opening and closing surprise eggs – This activity will improve children’s hand eye coordination and matching skill.
- Spring cutting strips – The children will practice handling and using scissors.
Rainbow play dough – This activity improves wrist and finger strength.
- SENSORIAL AREA
- Spring sensory bin – The children will explore a pond setting with ducks and frogs. Sprayers and lily pad mats are added to introduce movement and the concept of floating and sinking.
- Matching color tablets to flowers – This is an extension of the color box 2 materials. The children will learn about primary and secondary colors and relate them to model flowers.
- Rainbow blocks – an open ended material to develop creativity in children.
- Stereognotic Bag – a modification exercise wherein a child needs to find the ovoid among the rest of the solids. This activity refines muscle memory.
MATH – The following activities refines the rote counting skill of children. It enhances the concept of quantity and sequencing of numbers.
- Finding the missing number on a flower
- Number & Quantity egg shell match
- Raindrops Math
- Metal inset designs – The children will trace, make patterns and create designs using the insets. This improves tripod grip and develops creativity.
- Spring theme phonics basket – teaches the children phonics sound of familiar spring items.
- Word Hunt Sensory bin – the children will search for the words on the given list.
- Spring flowers terminology cards – A culture material that introduces the names of flowers. These cards set the foundation for reading.
- Life cycle of the butterfly frieze
- Rainbow in a Bag
- Rainbow Fruit Satay
- Rainbow in a bag